There are two ways that you can be notified of a constituent’s intent to cancel their recurring payment instruction (RPI) - one is via their bank - which will come through to you as a report from your EFT software. The other is that they will contact you to ask you to cancel it for them. Either way you need to manually cancel them in Donorfy. To do this:
- Locate their RPI and click on the orange Manage button to select Cancel
- Choose the Reason from the drop down - the reasons are set up in Settings
- Select the Date
- Click Save.
The status of the RPI will change to Cancelled, meaning no more collections will be made from it
You can send a communication to a constituent confirming their cancellation. To do this:
- Click on the orange Manage button and select Send Document - more info here, also see article for information about setting up letters and emails
- Choose a document from the dropdown, make any changes to the document and either print or send.
- The document sent will be saved in an activity which will appear on the RPI’s and constituent’s Timelines.