You can connect Donorfy to Stripe to allow you to collect one-off or recurring payments by paid by credit or debit card.
You don’t need an existing Stripe account as you can create one as part of linking Donorfy to Stripe, to create the link follow these steps:
1. Connect to Stripe
- In Settings search for Stripe Connect - press the Stripe button:
- You will be taken to Stripe, if you
- already have a Stripe account you can sign in and connect that account to Donorfy
- don’t have a Stripe account complete the form to create one
- Once you have connected your Stripe account you will be returned to Donorfy
2. Stripe - Statement Text
By default, your organisation’s name will appear on the donor’s credit card statement for their donation.
However, please note: that the Statement Text can be up to 22 characters long and must not include the charters < > " or ' - also special characters (known technically as non-ASCII characters) will be removed - so it’s best to stick to letters and numbers.
Once you have completed the Statement Text - this can be changed at a later stage if required. Just enter your preferred statement text and press Update.
3. Click on Update to Save changes
NOTE: the integration uses Stripe's API. Please check their website for availability of the API for your organisation. It may not be available on certain price plans - this beyond Donorfy's control.