There are 3 main ways you can take donations online, and have them integrated directly into your Donorfy CRM system:
- Campaign Donation pages - these are fixed format, customisable with your own HTML content and logo, and hosted by Donorfy. The easiest way to get started, they can be embedded in you web pages using iFrames. Available in Essentials and Professional plans. More info here.
- Widgets - these are a kind of easy API for web designers, making it possible for them build and embed completely customisable giving pages in the website, using the popular Stripe (for payment cards) and GoCardless (for Direct Debits) payment gateways. Professional plan only. More info: Stripe widgets and GoCardless widgets.
- API - ultimate flexibility and power for web developers who want to control every aspect of the process and potentially use different payment gateways. Professional plan only (may be subject to a separate subscription - see pricing for more info). More info here.
Widgets are the most popular, and give you flexibility and the following benefits over third-party donation platforms:
- Stay in control of your brand. Donorfy's giving tools do not take your donors off to a third party site to complete their donation. You have complete control over the user experience.
- Minimise your costs. Donorfy charges nothing for your take a donation by card or a regular gift by Direct Debit. The only costs are those made by the payment gateway (Stripe or GoCardless).
- Automatically update the CRM. By using Donorfy's widgets your donors and their donations will automatically end up in your database, categorised correctly, and the Gift Aid will be automatically claimed if applicable.
A web developer's guide to implementing the widgets is available here.