Reassigning a transaction allows you to assign an anonymous donation to a constituent - e.g. if you find out who gave a donation - see this article for more information.
You can also
- Move transactions between constituents - e.g. if a transaction had been entered against the wrong constituent, or
- Make a donation anonymous - e.g. if a transaction was incorrectly linked to a constituent
Follow these steps
- Find the transaction on the constituents timeline and view its details - from the manage menu choose reassign
- To make the transaction anonymous more the make anonymous switch to yes and press reassign
- To assign the transaction to a different constituent press the Find Constituent button and find the constituent, make sure that the make anonymous switch is set to no and press reassign