The Opportunities feature enables you to manage and track the process of asking for, or applying for, large donations. The process will usually involve progressing the opportunity through various stages, scheduling tasks and updating the status.
Examples of this kind of fundraising include major donors; trusts and foundations; corporate fundraising and legacy case management.
They key concepts are:
- Opportunities - an opportunity represents the asking, or application process for funds
- Campaigns - the reason for raising the money - e.g. New Library
- Pipeline - shows the value of the opportunities, spread over time
- Constituents - the people and organisations you are asking, and the research information relating to their giving
Donorfy allows you to monitor opportunities through the stages (e.g. the 7 stages of major gift fundraising).
To get started:
- set up your Opportunity stages in Settings (admin only) - for each type of opportunity you wish to use (you can remove opportunity types if you don't want them).
- create a Campaign if you wish (they're optional), and Campaign items (optional again), to represent the items that can be funded
- add an Opportunity (see here for info)