To add an Opportunity, click on the orange Add button, under the heading Fundraising choose either Application for a grant (e.g. if fundraising from a Trust), or Major Gift (if asking a HNWI).
To view existing Opportunities, just click on the Opportunities link on the menu.
In the Opportunities form you can enter the following information:
In the main section at the top of the form:
- Description of the opportunity
- Select the member of staff (Donorfy user) that is managing this opp
- Campaign - select from a list if applicable
- Selected items - fundable items from the campaign will be available to allocate to this opportunity as tags
- Opportunity team - select team members (Donorfy users) who are working on this opp.
And then in the Pipeline section:
- Stage - the current stage of this opp (you can set up stages in Settings. Stages marked with an asterisk (*) close an opportunity - so these are 'final' stages such as "Successful", "Deferred" or "Unsuccessful".
- Probability % - this is used to calculate the value of the opp in the pipeline.
- Value - the total amount you're asking for.
- Expected date - the date by which you expect to resolve this opp (win or lose it). This is used to place the opportunity value in the pipeline.
On the top right - Constituent:
- find the constituent. Once the constituent is found, their fundraising info will be shown, and you can edit it there. It is the same information found on their Constituent Profile - editing it here will change it there, and vice versa.
- a second constituent that you might be using for day to day contact about this opportunity (e.g. the PA).
Notes, and attachments:
- enter notes, and links in the notes section. Drag and drop relevant attachments into the Documents section.
Click Save Changes. After that, the other tabs for the opp are available - see more info article about those.