A Constituent List allows you to ask questions of your Donorfy based on a Constituent's Profile, such as contact details, Tags, comms purposes and financial summary data and is used as the basis for syncing data to MailChimp.
The data that you can find within a Constituent List is as follows:
To create your Constituent List see the article: Creating a new List
From within a Constituent List you can also:
Show in Menu
Opt to display your List within the Constituent Menu.
You will find this option to the right of your List description and when selected it means that the list will be visible as a sub-menu item under the Constituents link in the left-hand navigation area (click the + button to reveal them).
Check purpose permissions? & Check channel permissions?
If you intend to perform a mailing based on your List - you use this option to quickly ensure that the constituents within your List have consented to the appropriate Purposes and/Or Channels without building the criteria into the List Filters.
To use the function, click on the Toggle to Yes and then click into the 'Includes constituents....' box and select the appropriate items from the drop-down list. Save and Preview the List and the constituents returned will now fit your selection and check criteria.
List should include archived constituents
You can opt to include any archived constituents in the result set - toggle the option to Yes and Save and Preview - the data set will now include these constituents.
If you would like to limit the type of archived constituents to a certain reason or reasons, then you will need to add the ArchivedReason field to your List Filters accordingly.
Download options - Export, separate channels, and create Activities
Under the download data option there are some standard features and also some additional features are available when export Constituent Lists:
- Only include the selected columns in the download - this option, when selected, will download the data columns that you have selected within your data view.
The option will include data useful for mailings, so you dont need to add these to your data outputs and can concentrate on the items that are important. The details automatically included are:
- PreferredContactDetails and PreferredContactMethod
- Constituent_Title, Constituent_FirstName, Constituent_MiddleName, Constituent_LastName, Constituent_Suffix, Constituent_Formerly, Constituent_AlsoKnownAs, Constituent_OrganisationName
- PreferredJobTitle, PreferredDepartment, PreferredOrganisationName, PreferredRoleDescription
- PreferredHouseBuildingNumber, PreferredAddressLine1, PreferredAddressLine2, PreferredTown PreferredCounty, PreferredCountry, PreferredPostalCode, PreferredAreaDescription, PreferredRegionDescription
- PreferredEmailAddress, PreferredPhone, PreferredMobilePhone,
- PreferredLabelName, PreferredSalutation
- Create separate files for each communication channel - when selected will create separate CSV files for each channel in the List results:
- Combine people at the same address into one row - If you select his option then if the download file contains people who are linked to another constituent’s address only one row will be included in the download file for those people - the address, label name and salutation from the linked address will be included in the file.
- Use Alternate label name and Salutation - Will be added to your download file
- Add Activities to Timeline - when selected, this will create a new Activity on the Timeline for every Constituent in the List. Date, Campaign, Activity Type and Notes data options are presented, for example:
Activities added in error via a Constituent List can be removed by using the Undo Activities option - The download can be located at Home > My Downloads
To find the List - add the Details field to the list which is displayed.
Use this tab when syncing to a Mailchimp List. See this article for more info.