Open an existing Opportunity - you can see that there are various tabs at the top:
- Details - this is the basic information about this opp, and is covered in the Basics article.
- Tasks - the Tasks related to this opp
- Pledges - the Pledges related to this opp
- Timeline - the timeline (phone calls, correspondence etc) relating to this opp
On the Tasks tab:
- This tab shows Tasks related to this opp - e.g. follow-ups, reminders etc.
- the form shows any existing tasks that already exist.
- to add a new one, click Add Task button and enter the task info:
- details - the description of the task - e.g. "Send latest Annual Report"
- assigned to - will default to the opportunity assignee (on Details tab)
- due date - when the task is due to be done
- completed - set to Yes when it is done, defaults to No.
On the Pledges tab:
- this tab shows the breakdown of the opportunity into instalments. They can be seen on the Pipeline chart by clicking the Pledges tab on the top of the chart
- the form shows pledge instalments that have already been entered
- to add a new one click Add Pledge
- Title - a text description, such as "First instalment"
- Amount - the monetary amount of the instalment
- Pledged - the money has been pledged
- Promised - promised (stronger than a pledge)
- Received - the money has been received
- Cancelled - the instalment has been cancelled
On the Timeline tab:
- this tab shows the timeline activities (correspondence etc) relating to this opp. The entries on this tab also show on the constituent's timeline tab.
- the form shows the existing timeline activities
- to add a new one click the Add button and choose Activities
- Date - the date of the activity
- Type - the type of activity - choose from the drop-down list (can be customised in Settings)
- Campaign - optional
- Notes - text describing this activity.
- Show as alert - selecting this (i.e. set to Yes) will make the text of this activity display as an alert on the Constituent record. So use this to if you want to add a note to draw attention to something important about this constituent, so that other users will see (they appear as orange speech-bubbles on the top-right of the Constituent form).
- Create task - clicking this button allows you to also create a task when saving this timeline entry.