This article has some suggestions to help solve problems getting web widgets working.
Donorfy displays very limited error information in the web widget - this is to avoid providing information to anyone trying to hack your web widgets - to find more information sign in to Donorfy and look at the Errors & Info tab on the Review Website Update page
Invalid Settings In Errors & Info
If you see a message like
- 'Invalid GoCardless Settings' or 'Invalid Stripe Settings', or
- The provided key 'sk_live_***********' does not have access to account 'acct_xxxxxxxxxx' (or that account does not exist). Application access may have been revoked
Wrong Page Displayed After Sign up
If after signing up for a direct debit your see the generic Donorfy error page at https://donorfy.com/payment-error - see end of this article for an example - it means there is a problem with the URLs in the web widget settings - see below - this might be, the URL
- Is missing
- Does not have a full address - e.g. /ThankYou instead of https://www.example.org/thankYou
- The URL contains
Stripe Test Publishable Keys and Card Numbers
Web widgets cannot use test Stripe publishable keys
If you use a test Stripe card numbers
- you will see an error logged similar to this 'No such token: tok_xxx; a similar object exists in test mode, but a live mode key was used to make this request.'
- This message means your web widget is probably working but you will need to use a real card number to perform a full end to end test.
I get the error There is a problem with your payment - Invalid widgetId
The Widget HTML code generated by Donorfy contains the widget Id in a hidden field - something like this - where the x's will be replaced with letters or numbers
<input type="hidden" id="WidgetId" value="xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx" />
If the widget HTML on your web site the widget id is all zeros (e.g. <input type="hidden" id="WidgetId" value="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000">) or missing you need to copy the HTML into your website
If the HTML in the Donorfy settings has a widget id that is all zeros you should re-generate the widget HTML
Your page should use https:// not http://
Your page should have an SSL certificate - i.e. its address should start https
Other things to check
- Check for Errors Logged to the Console of your Browser
- Start your web browser, open the developer tools and display the console - go to the page containing your web widget and see if any errors are logged into the Console - errors can prevent the widget from initialising and then it will not work.
- Often the errors relate to third party libraries - e.g. jQuery - you might need help from whoever looks after your website to resolve these.
- Don't use iFrames with GoCardless - GoCardless web widgets cannot be contained in an iFrame
- Don't have Stripe & GoCardless widgets on the same page
Example of Generic Donorfy Error Page