If a supporter wants to increase their regular donation you can opt to 'upgrade' their RPI. This adds a new allocation to their RPI and alters the total amount to be collected.
From within the constituent Timeline...
- Locate the RPI in question, open it
You can filter the Timeline to show only Recurring Payment Instructions by clicking on the Recurring Payment Instruction option under Summary
- Once you have found the RPI and opened it, click on Manage and then Upgrade
- Within the window an area appears highlighted by a red outline, this is your upgrade details:
- Complete the details as required e.g:
- How much to increase the RPI by
- Campaign - was it part of an upgrade campaign or adhoc?
- Reference - if any
- Select when you want to start the upgrade from - Next Collection, or Starting on Or After XX Date
- Then click Apply Upgrade
Once you have applied the upgrade, the RPI Total Payment Amount will be changed and displayed within the blue/grey bar at the top of the RPI
An additional Allocation will be applied (so if the RPI was originally for £10 and an increase of £5 was actioned, there will now be two allocations displayed - one for £10 and one for £5).
You can send an acknowledgment to reflect the changes made as per this article: Sending Letters or Email for an RPI